What do I need to do to prepare for the fair?
- I periodically check Academic & Career Services' website to view the employers planning on attending the Fair.
- I have visited Academic & Career Services and:
- Stop in Academic & Careers and pick up free job search materials such as sample resumes, cover letters, and interview questions.
- Scheduled a video-taped practice interview and used the drop-off resume critique service.
- I have viewed the "Preparing for the Fair" handout
Attend the following sponsored events:
Career Fair Prep Workshops - to be announced
Dress Professionally, bring plenty of resumes, a letter-sized portfolio with notepad and pen, money for food and phone calls, grooming care items and, most important, a positive and confident attitude!!
- Check in at the registration/information table! Pick up your name tag and a listing of employers attending. Some employers may register late or some do not show. Watch for signs posted at the Fair to alert you to this information.
- Take a few minutes to sit quietly, review materials and prioritize your list of employers.
- Take this opportunity to visit with as many employer representatives as possible. Leave your resume regardless of current openings.
- When lines are long at a table, it may be more efficient to select another employer. Stop by as many tables as possible. Some employers may leave early. Therefore, be sure to prioritize your goals for the day.
- Be prepared to interview on the spot or be invited to a more formal interview the day of the Fair or the following day. NOTE: Employers will have schedules at their tables available to schedule interviews.
- Follow-up is the key!!! Be sure to send applications and other information requested by each employer. Don't forget to send a thank-you letter too!
- Be sure to check for updated announcements, additions and cancellations the day of the Fair.
- A complete list of employers attending
Thank you to our Employer Partner
Please call Academic & Career Services at (308) 865-8501 if you have any questions. See you at the Fair!!